This week has felt really, really syrupy. As if I can't just move forward, I have to wade. To dog-paddle. Treading water, getting tired, wondering if I will ever get any kind of momentum or traction, or any sense or progress at all.
Maybe it is the weather (achingly springlike), or the best-friend-visit, or all the good food, or maybe being over the hurdle of another birthday, but despite the crazy number of wicks in this candle, I kinda almost sorta feel like I am coming to the last few clicks as the roller coaster rolls up, just before all the laughing screaming hands in the air whoosh! of coming down and heading for the loop.
... and here it is Friday, and I have got this sweet thing up on the wall, plugged in, past the 24 test for exploding components. Taking pictures of stuff that is brilliantly lit from the inside is tricky, by the way. In case you wondered...
Other stuff that got sorted this week include
- a concrete plan, with supplies, for framing out more of my glass and getting it up to the test wall
- movement in the department of getting stuff framed (which is a step on the path to getting hung in some places, like galleries, museums, &c)
- a firmer grasp on some electrical wiring stuff
- a pen turned
- steps on the path to opening my own online store (rather than using Etsy, or possibly in addition to)
- supplies for some of the other work I have planned out for this year
- first steps on another custom piece
- a lead on a venue to sell the one of a kind pieces (like this one)
- a juried show to enter into, with a deadline that is soon enough to help me maintain focus, and an entry fee that doesn't cause me to pee a little
- my hat back in the writing-for-the-Alibi ring
- Inexplicably ambitious ideas for gardening.